Doctor Love is a humoristic hospital-themed slot machine where the main characters are the affable Doctor Love and the excellent Nurse. Both of them can show up on the reels, accompanied by other symbols such as the stethoscope, medication, crutches, an ambulance, the medical chart, a clock, a teddy bear, flowers, and – of course – the patient.
This game comes with wilds, scatters, win multipliers, double-or-nothing, and a free spins round.
The game developer NextGen created the Doctor Love slot. NextGen games can be played in a large number of casinos. My favorite NextGen casino is Casumo. Casumo is a casino that has turned their casino into one large game. They offer great games and great bonuses.
This is a 5-reel slot with 20 paylines. It is a great choice when you want a ”normal” slot and isn’t in the mood for asymmetrical reels, 1049 different win-ways instead of standard paylines, and so on.
You decide how many of the 20 paylines to activate, from just 1 to all 20.
The max bet is 5 coins x 20 paylines = 100 coins.
Doctor Love himself is the wild symbol in this game. He can substitute for any symbol except the scatter symbol (the Love Meter) to help you form winning combos.
Doctor Love can also pay out wins on his own, without acting as a wild symbol. Five Dr Love lining up correctly on an active payline will pay you handsomely!
The scatter symbol is your key to the Free Spins round
The Love Meter is a scatter symbol, and you need at least three of them to trigger the Free Spins round.
- 3 scatters = 10 free spins
- 4 scatters = 15 free spins
- 5 scatters = 20 free spins
A 3x win multiplier for coin wins is active during free spins.
It is possible to re-trigger the Free Spins round during the Free Spins round, so this feature can continue for quite some time if luck is on your side.
When you have won a coin win, you can risk it in a game of double-or-nothing or even quadruple-or-nothing.
To play double-or-nothing with your win, guess the color (red / black) of the next card in the deck.
To play quadruple-or-nothing with your win, guess the suit of the next card in the deck.
As long as you keep guessing right, you can do this five times in a row.
Important: Jackpot wins can not be gambled.
Trivia: Heart doctors
- In 1964, Doctor James D. Hardy of the University of Mississippi Medical Center transplanted a chimpanzee’s heart into the chest of a patient named Boyd Rush in an effort to save his life. The chimpanzee heartbeat in Rush’s chest for at least an hour (some sources claim 1.5 hours) before Rush died.
- The first human-to-human heart transplant was done by Doctor Christiaan Barnard at the Groote Schuur Hospital in Cape Town, South Africa on December 3, 1967. Louis Washkansky, who received the heart, survived the surgery, but died 18 days later from pneumonia.
- Just three days after the first human-to-human heart transplant, the first pediatric human-to-human transplant took place. The performing surgeon was Doctor Adrian Kantrowitz, who transplanted a heart into the chest of an infant at Maimonides Hospital in Brooklyn, New York City, USA.